Saturday, January 28, 2012

Etsy Shop New Listing

Hoodie in Starry Sky

I just listed this cute little hoodie this morning in my Etsy Shop. I love this glittery fabric! And the best part about it was how I acquired it. Twice a year, our city hosts a community-wide yard sale (or garage sale, or whatever you want to call it!). It's held indoors, and people just bring all their stuff and set up their own booths. Well, as I was browsing around, I found a lady's booth that had a lot of fabric--in boxes, in bags--lots of it! She was obviously destashing, and told me she would make me a good deal on a box-full of it. You see, fabric shopping to me is like going to a candy store! So I went through it all. I went nuts when I found this sparkly knit fabric; there was probably about 2 yards of it. So I filled up a box full of some really cute stuff, and she charged me $2--for the whole box! I felt like I had hit the jackpot. It's so thrilling to get a great deal, isn't it? Especially when you're not expecting it.

2 comments:

  1. That is my favorite way to get fabric. And because it isn't exactly what you had in mind I think you get even more creative! The hoodie is adorable...You can never have too much sparkles in your life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've even bought clothes at a deep discount store (like $1-$3 each) to cut up for doll clothes. I'm making a pair of doll jeans right now from repurposed girls jeans. It's part of the fun!

      Delete