Sunday, January 22, 2012

Milestones: Corey's Final Jr. High Basketball Game

Louisville Jr. High Wildcats 2011-2012, Corey #22
    We recently gathered up the whole family and went to Corey's final junior high basketball game. It was an exciting game. We were ahead most of the game, but the visiting team made it very close in the end. We were able to hold on for the win, their second win of the season.
     Win or lose, we love watching Corey play basketball. We love watching him play every sport he participates in--basketball, soccer, football, and baseball. He's very much the athletic type, and does fairly well at them all. His years in junior high are quickly coming to an end. And being the nostalgic mom that I am, my mind drifts back to all the years he's been playing basketball. He began as a 7-year-old in the Upward program through our church. He played every year until he was too old. Then he moved up to junior high, where he's been for the past 3 years. I asked him if he planned to play next year when he gets to high school, and he said he was.
     So here's to the end of junior high! I couldn't help but look back...

Corey age 7

Corey age 9

Corey age 10



    
                                           

1 comment:

  1. These are the things I miss with my Girls out of school! If I am blessed with Grandkids I'll be the loud obnoxious Granny at every game! Cherish these times!

    ReplyDelete