Saturday, January 28, 2012

Slow Cooker Saturday: Pizza Bake

After my last near-miss with the Apricot Chicken, I had to come up with something I was sure everyone would love. So, once again, I went back to Six Sisters Stuff looking for a sure thing. I think I may have found it.


Slow Cooker Pizza Bake

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 medium onion (optional), diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
8 oz sliced pepperoni
4 oz (1 cup) shredded mozzarella cheese
8 oz (2 cups) shredded cheddar cheese
12 oz Rigatoni noodles, cooked
15 oz pizza sauce
26 oz Spaghetti sauce

Directions:
1. Brown meat, onion and pepper in frying pan.
2. Drain grease and add pizza sauce and spaghetti sauce
3. Combine all ingredients in a large crock pot (spray with non-stick spray first).
4. Cook on HIGH for 30 minutes and then LOW for 2 or 3 hours until the cheese melts.

How was it?
It was great! The original instructions said that the recipe made a lot of food. When I was gathering all the ingredients, I found that the whole recipe would fit in my crock pot. But I don't suggest doing that unless you are feeding more than 4 people; it really does make a lot, and it's very filling! It would be best to freeze half of it and cook the rest.

2 comments:

  1. Do you even cook with the noodles in the crock pot? Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS yummy! You cook everything before you put it in the crock pot. I thought it would be just as easy to put it all in a casserole dish, and put it in the oven to melt the cheese. Either way, it was good!

      Delete