Sunday, February 19, 2012

Where Do The Days Go?

I have been gone from the blogs for the past couple of weeks. Where do the days go?  I suddenly had several things going on at the same time, which left no time to write. For now, at least, it seems things are caught up.  Let me give you an update on what's been happening in my world.

On Sunday, February 5th, I lost my last living grandmother. Genevieve Estep was the mother of my stepfather.  I say that just to put into context how we were related; I don't consider my "step" relatives any different than the other ones. She was my grandmother, and was a wonderful Christian woman. She lived several hundred miles away, so I wasn't able to attend any of her services. But I enjoyed the many hours I spent that week remembering her, and the joy she brought to my life.

While I'm on the subject of saying goodbye, on February 7th, I parted ways with my HTC Hero, and made the upgrade to the iPhone 4S! I was afraid that I would mourn the loss of my Hero; it was my constant companion for almost 2 years. But I do love the iPhone, especially the FaceTime.  It's awesome to visit with my Dad face-to-face, even though we're 600 miles apart.

I had a couple of big orders in my Etsy shop over the past couple of weeks too. This was probably the biggest drain on my time recently. One was a request for custom cheerleader outfits, which I love to do when I have the time. I was very proud of the way they turned out, and I will post about it in more detail in the days to come.

I will also share soon my first run at making homemade laundry detergent. The idea came from Pinterest, and it was so easy.  I tried some ideas for Valentine's Day that also came from Pinterest and other blogs. I found these Valentine's Pretzels at Mrs. Fox's Sweets. 




The card reads "Thanks for 'Stick'ing by my side"--so cute! I found these printable cards at Six Sister's Stuff (one of my favorite blogs!).  I used several of their ideas for Valentine's treats for my crew. One read "I'm 'nuts' about you", which I put on a bag of roasted, in the shell peanuts that my husband loves. The "Life would be un'bear'able without you" card went on a package of gummy bears. And finally, I put a card reading "You have o'fish'ally stolen my heart" on a bag of goldfish crackers.

We finished off this past week by celebrating Kirby's 3rd birthday. He was too excited about it, and I will certainly be posting soon about all the fun he had.

Hopefully, this has me up-to-date.  I've spent the weekend cleaning and washing, and getting things back to normal.  That way I'll have plenty of time to get back to what I love next week--sewing and writing!  Until then...

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes life piles up on us doesn't it? I have got to stop the pinning on pintrest for a while... I am sending entirely too much time on it! Here is to a a productive last week of February!

    ReplyDelete