Saturday, April 14, 2012

Slow Cooker Saturday: Roast with Onion & Mushroom Gravy

I really found a keeper with this one! It is easy, has very few ingredients, and tastes fantastic. I know I've mentioned before what picky eaters I serve. Well, we have made this roast twice already. That is saying a lot, believe me! I served it with mashed potatoes and corn--yummy!


Roast with Onion & Mushroom Gravy

2 1/2 lbs chuck roast, trimmed
3/4 tsp black pepper
1 can (14oz) low-sodium beef broth
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 envelope onion soup mix
2 Tbsp cornstarch
2 Tbsp water

  1. Sprinkle roast with pepper, then place it in a slow cooker. Add beef broth, mushroom soup, and onion soup mix.
  2. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour. Reduce heat to LOW, and cook for 7 hours or until tender. Transfer roast to a serving platter, reserving juices. Keep warm.
  3. Whisk together cornstarch and water; slowly whisk into juices.  Increase heat to HIGH, and cook uncovered for 1 minute or until slightly thickened, whisking frequently. Serve roast with gravy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment